Weekly study10 hours
Project Evaluation and Quality Management in Construction Project Management
Understand why quality management systems are so important in construction
This course integrates quality management concepts and standards and applies them to the different phases of a construction project, from conception to operation and maintenance.
The skills necessary for planning quality management, measuring quality improvement strategies, understanding the scope of the work, and analysing project performance are presented.
The coordination of specific safety plans and environmental management strategies are discussed. Theories of quality, total quality management, quality assurance and control and value engineering steps are also introduced.
- An overview of the definition of quality management and its importance in a global construction context.
- An overview of the key components of quality management and their contribution of each component to quality management.
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore the definition of quality management and its importance in a global construction context
- Assess how quality management concepts have evolved in construction
- Evaluate the key components of quality management and the contribution of each component to quality management
- Explain the principles commonly used in quality management systems
- Explain how the principles of quality can benefit construction organisations, its clients, suppliers and other stakeholders
- Assess the benefits of a preventative approach to managing for quality and outline the key stages in quality planning
- Describe the four stages of the PDCA cycle and analyse how this can be used to improve quality in construction
Who is the course for?
This course is for people seeking a better understanding of best practices, tools and techniques in quality management.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.