Weekly study10 hours
Fundamentals of Budgeting, Project Control and Earned Value
Understand how to plan, control and monitor construction projects
This online course aims to give a deeper level of understanding in the control of construction projects. It illustrates how to effectively plan, control, monitor and forecast a construction project’s schedule and cost.
More importantly, it shows how to develop the project’s plans and processes so that schedule and cost control are achievable. Additionally, the course will help you gain the knowledge and skills required to effectively assess the status of construction projects in terms of cost, schedule and scope.
- The meaning of project control and its importance in the construction industry.
- Project management techniques to plan, monitor and control work packages, projects and programmes.
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore the application of project planning concepts and techniques in construction
- Evaluate the meaning and importance of project control
- Explain the importance of project monitoring and control and the need to adapt and revise the project plan due to changing circumstances
- Assess the usefulness of standard approaches to project planning and control by considering the PMBoK methodology
- Evaluate the appropriate project management techniques to plan, monitor and control work packages, projects and programmes
Who is the course for?
This course is for people seeking a better understanding of project control and advanced methods and strategies for keeping construction projects under control.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.