What topics will you cover?
WEEK 1: WHAT IS ACADEMIC INTEGRITY? WHY IS IT IMPORTANT?
- The meaning of academic integrity and the fundamental values associated with it
- The importance of academic integrity in academia
- Transitioning to university from different environments and adjusting to new norms and values
WEEK 2: WHAT IS ACADEMIC DISHONESTY AND HOW TO AVOID IT?
- Examples of academic dishonesty including plagiarism
- Strategies for avoiding plagiarism and other forms of academic dishonesty
- Most common rationalisations used to excuse academic dishonesty
- Dealing with unexpected events which may contribute to academic dishonesty
- Avoiding academic dishonesty when working on assignments—individually or in groups
WEEK 3: ACHIEVING WITH INTEGRITY: USING THE WORK OF OTHERS
- Respecting the work of others
- Referencing, summarizing, paraphrasing and quoting
WEEK 4: ACHIEVING WITH INTEGRITY: GEARING UP FOR STUDY
- Study skills which cultivate academic integrity including: time management, study planning, tips to work in groups, critical reading and note taking, essay writing, studying for exams
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLintegrity to talk about this course on social media.