Find out more about the degree
Deakin’s degrees in Development and Humanitarian Action provide you with the analytical skills needed to understand the contexts of development and humanitarian programs as well as practical skills to apply in the field.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Understand the concept of, and facilitate, Community-Based Disaster Risk Reduction.
- Identify strategies for reducing disaster risk through each stage of the disaster management cycle.
- Identify and apply strategies for mainstreaming DRR into humanitarian and development programs across a range of sectors.
- Identify and apply strategies for ensuring that DRR interventions respond to the particular needs of vulnerable groups.
- Understand the challenges and opportunities for reducing disaster risk in urban and conflict contexts.
Who is the course for?
Deakin University postgraduate students.