- Duration4 weeks
- Weekly study4 hours
Getting Started with Agile and Design Thinking
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Discover how to create useful digital products using agile and design thinking.
Despite everyone’s good intentions, hard work and solid ideas, too many projects end up creating unneeded, unusable, and unsellable products. But, it doesn’t have to be this way. Agile and design thinking offer a different and effective approach to product development, one that results in valuable solutions to meaningful problems.
In this course, you’ll learn how to determine what’s valuable to a user early in the process, to frontload value, by focusing your team on testable narratives about the user and creating a strong shared perspective.
- Overview of agile
- Introduction to key concepts and practices from the agile product development methodology
- Actionable personas and problem scenarios
- User research
- Writing user stories
- Strategies to enhance user stories
Date to be announced
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain key concepts and practices from the agile product development methodology
- Create a strong shared perspective and drive to value using personas and problem scenarios
- Diagnose what software to develop and why by using a set of agile user stories and prototypes
- Facilitate narrative collaboration with user stories and prototypes
- Allow for early testing and validation by analyzing and deciding on story backlogs
Who is the course for?
This course is for people interested in developing digital products, who are using agile methods and have some experience working in the digital space.
For people interested in receiving professional development units (PDUs), as a Project Management Institute (PMI®) Registered Education Provider, the University of Virginia Darden School of Business has been approved by PMI to issue 25 PDUs for this course.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please enable all cookies and refresh the page to view this content.