Weekly study8 hours
Agile Project Management
Develop your ability to react swiftly to potential threats to your project
Master core concepts pertaining to agility and agile project management. Agility refers to the ability of an organisation to rapidly react to unpredictable scenarios, and within the context of product development, respond to unclear requirements.
You will learn the principles and values of agile project management, and consider the strengths and weaknesses of the agile approach.
During the course, you will develop a workable approach that includes the typical steps, activities and participant roles for an agile project, and how to engage the appropriate resources and tools for the task.
- The history, principles and values of agile project management and the Agile Manifesto
- Understanding agile project management: general practices
- How agile project management is similar and how it is different from traditional project management life cycles
- Strengths and weaknesses of the agile approach
- Agile frameworks
- Working with a framework
- Managing agile projects
- Key metrics and resources for agile project management
- Hybrid life cycles: designing and customising agile and traditional life cycles
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Compare the approaches, advantages, and disadvantages of both classic and agile project methodologies
- Develop a workable project management approach that includes the typical steps, activities, and participant roles for an agile project
- Evaluate how and when these agile characteristics can be integrated with steps from a traditional project management life cycle to achieve an effective hybrid approach
- Apply appropriate tools and resources for agile projects, including specific or adapted metrics
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone wishing to learn how to deliver strategic change through project management in business.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.