End of Week 3
Well done for completing Week 3 of The Role of Antifungal Stewardship!
All cases covered in Week 3 were revisits. We had an opportunity to reflect on the antifungal treatment decisions made in weeks 1 & 2. Each case had their own challenges.
Antifungal treatment goes beyond the drug:
- When are they appropriate?
- What else can be done to address a fungal disease?
- When can we stop antifungals, when the clinical suspicion of disease falls?
- What should we consider when a patient doesn’t respond to antifungals?
- What do we need to consider before choosing our antifungal?
- What are the indications for antifungal prophylaxis?
You probably considered some of these questions earlier in the course. Week 3 aimed to answer some of these.
Finally, you have the opportunity to reflect on what you do now.
How can your own practice change?
How can your department or organisation change?
What can we do together to protect antifungals, and our patients, from the threat of resistance?