Weekly study2 hours
Apply Creative Machine Learning
Explore how machine learning is revolutionising the creative industries
From photography to music, creative AI is changing the way we interact with technology.
On this course, you’ll learn the core concepts of what machine learning is, and how machine learning works. You’ll learn how to build simple classification systems that can discriminate between different types of information, and regressions systems that can map interactions onto different outputs, like sliders on a synthesiser.
You’ll explore the full extent of machine learning systems’ abilities, specifically in relation to the creative industries.
- What machine learning is
- What creative machine learning is
- How to better understand core concepts in machine learning
- Understanding classification
- Understanding regression
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe what machine learning is and what kinds of interactive systems it can be used to build
- Collect and modify your own datasets to build machine learning models
- Discuss the applications and limitations of classification and regression models in machine learning
- Evaluate current uses of artificial intelligence in art, music and the creative industries
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at people who would like to work in the creative industries and want to know how machine learning can be used in that context. The course is also valuable for students considering a master’s degree in creative computing and want to know what it would involve, or people wanting to become a machine learning engineer in general.
You might also be interested in the other courses in the Essential Creative Technologies collection from UAL Creative Computing Institute, Lancaster University and the Institute of Coding.
What software or tools do you need?
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.