What topics will you cover?
- The transferable skills needed to be an archaeologist
- Introduction to the Neolithic period
- Planning an excavation
- How does a dig work?
- Storing, handling, recording and transporting artefacts
- Introduction to the medieval period
- Human bone analysis
- Archaeological science: what can isotopes in bone tell us?
- Museums: the ethics of storage and display
Get extra benefits, upgrade this course. For $54 you’ll get:
Upgrading will mean you get unlimited access to the course.
If you’re taking a course for free you have access to the course for its duration + 14 days, regardless of when you join. If you upgrade the course you have access for as long as the course exists on FutureLearn.
A Certificate of Achievement
Upgrading means you’ll receive a Certificate of Achievement when you complete the course.
To receive a Certificate of Achievement you need to mark 90% of the steps on the course as complete.
Share this course
Use the hashtag #FLdigtolab to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course