Self-audit task (revisited)
This survey is an exact repeat of the self-audit you took at the start of the course - this will help us to understand the impact of this course.
Answer honestly about where you are now, not where you want to be.
Assuming that you retained a copy of your earlier responses, your honest answers will help you to identify what areas of practice you still need to focus on and will let you know which sections of the course from the last 6 weeks you should take time to revisit.
The statements from the survey are reproduced below:
- I can explain the main principles of formative assessment.
- I can explain the benefits of using intentional dialogue in the classroom for both teachers and students.
- I use questions to gauge levels of understanding rather than to see who has the correct answer.
- I plan for and include questions that challenge students’ thinking to promote constructive discussion in my lessons.
- I use group work throughout my lessons to encourage students to talk about their thinking.
- I limit the amount of talking that I do in class and ensure I listen to students’ own talk.
- I give students thinking time before asking them to respond to questions.
- I allow all students to participate in the lesson when answering questions.
- I can explain the characteristics of hinge-point questions.
- I can explain the difference between hinge-point questions and questions that are intended to promote constructive discussion.
- I am confident about writing hinge-point questions.
- I include hinge-point questions in my lessons.
- I am confident about interpreting the evidence elicited by hinge-point questions.
- I include in my lesson plans details of what I will do depending on how students respond to the questions that I ask.
- I act effectively on the evidence about student learning that my questions elicit.
- I know where to find hinge-point questions created by other teachers for my subject area.
Please go to the survey now and indicate your level of agreement with these statements. Feel free to discuss the statements via the comments on this step.