- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study10 hours
Introduction to Asset and Investment Appraisal in the Construction Industry
Learn how to develop investment appraisal techniques
The course examines how investment appraisals relate to asset management. It will assist those who conduct investment appraisals in construction firms to get their investment decisions right. The course introduces different investment appraisal techniques used to support value for financial decisions, option analysis and risk and benefit tracking.
The course offers the opportunity to identify, collate and evaluate relevant financial and non-financial data used during investment appraisals in construction firms.
- An introduction to investment appraisal and its importance in the construction industry
- Overview of the appraisal process and methodologies used in investment appraisal
- Appraisal of internal rate of return (IRR)
- Making the business case: the complete appraisal and the investment decision
- Annuity and annual equivalent calculations
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore the meaning of investment appraisal and its importance in the construction industry
- Explore the process of investment appraisal, and the commonly used techniques to calculate and evaluate the financial return of assets
- Evaluate Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) and Net Present Value (NPV) techniques in asset management and explore how construction companies typically use them
- Explore investment appraisal techniques
Who is the course for?
This course is for people seeking a better understanding of the investment appraisal process.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.