How to make tailored tests
In the next few steps, you will learn how language tests for clinical use come to be. Those steps are important, especially for tests used intraoperatively, because we need to be sure that they trigger the exact linguistic process you want to investigate.
To produce a reliable language test the following steps need to be taken:
- Designing test items with a specific question in mind
- Pretesting your items in a small group to evaluate their effectiveness
- Revise the list after pretesting to throw out unreliable items
- Piloting the test in a bigger healthy population
- Standardising the test in a clinical group
During the next videos and texts, we will walk you through these stages so that you have the tools to make your own little test at the end of the week. Let’s get started!
© University of Groningen