Learn first aid - you could save someone’s life
Thousands of lives a year could be saved if more of us knew basic first aid. This 2-week course is a basic guide to first aid.
You will learn how to recognise and manage emergencies and build a foundation of first aid knowledge and skills to build on. Whether it’s how to help someone who’s choking, helping someone who has passed out, or helping someone with a severe cut, this course will give you the confidence to deal with basic first aid problems.
What topics will you cover?
- Explain why first aid is a vital skill and know when to apply it
- Describe how to recognise and manage the non-breathing unconscious patient
- Describe how to recognise and manage the breathing unconscious patient
- Describe how to manage an acute bleed
- Summarise how to help someone who is choking
- Discuss how to build on first aid skills
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone interested in learning first aid, you don’t need any medical experience.
While the Educators themselves aren’t available to facilitate this run, we encourage you to engage with other learners and there are opportunities to do this throughout the course.
Who developed the course?
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLbasicfirstaid to talk about this course on social media.