Weekly study3 hours
Battery Storage Technology: Opportunities and Uses
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Could battery storage technology be the answer to energy demands?
Imbalances in power supply, combined with rising energy demands pose a growing risk. But the emerging field of ‘battery storage’ could be the solution.
On this course, you’ll discover promising battery storage technologies; exploring their workings, strengths, weaknesses, and possible place in Europe’s future. You’ll look into a range of uses; not only in the power sector - but in transportation, industry, the home and more.
You’ll leave the course with a better understanding of battery storage technology, the many opportunities it presents, and what’s slowing its adoption today.
- The need for the flexibility demand in the EU electricity industry and the role of battery storage
- Battery storage technologies: characteristics, potentials and limitations
- Grid scale application of battery storage
- Behind-the-meter application of battery storage
- Off-grid application of battery storage
- Battery storage application in mobility
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain battery storage technologies and services for four different types of applications in the electricity market
- Identify solutions to the main barriers that have been slowing down the development of the battery storage market
- Explore an overview of different technical characteristics of battery storage technologies
- Explain why different applications of battery storage require different sets of technical characteristics
- Explore how battery storage allows you to reduce the peak demand of your household/industry/grid and which other services to the grid can be delivered
- Investigate how to reduce the cost of the electricity bills at your household, or industry using battery storage
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone interested in battery storage technology. It would be of particular use to professionals seeking to understand how the technology could work in different parts of the energy system. A basic grounding in the field would be helpful, but not essential.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.