Could battery storage technology be the answer to energy demands?
Imbalances in power supply, combined with rising energy demands pose a growing risk. But the emerging field of ‘battery storage’ could be the solution.
On this course, you’ll discover promising battery storage technologies; exploring their workings, strengths, weaknesses, and possible place in Europe’s future. You’ll look into a range of uses; not only in the power sector - but in transportation, industry, the home and more.
You’ll leave the course with a better understanding of battery storage technology, the many opportunities it presents, and what’s slowing its adoption today.
What topics will you cover?
- The need for the flexibility demand in the EU electricity industry and the role of battery storage
- Battery storage technologies: characteristics, potentials and limitations
- Grid scale application of battery storage
- Behind-the-meter application of battery storage
- Off-grid application of battery storage
- Battery storage application in mobility
When would you like to start?
Date to be announced
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone interested in battery storage technology. It would be of particular use to professionals seeking to understand how the technology could work in different parts of the energy system. A basic grounding in the field would be helpful, but not essential.