Becoming a Better Music Teacher
Learn new teaching methods to enhance your instrument or singing lessons
Vocal coaches and music teachers have an important role in improving their students’ ability to sing or play an instrument.
On this music teacher training course, you will learn to assess your current teaching strategies and look at new ways to engage your students during their lessons.
You’ll get instrument-specific advice and resources as well as guidance on how to plan music lessons within a broader curriculum.
You’ll gain the confidence to challenge your existing practices and identify weaknesses in your own teaching style in order to become a more effective music or singing teacher.
- Assess your current teaching
- Explore and evaluate teaching and learning principles
- Identify core musical skills
- Evaluate your own technique
- Develop a range of strategies for teaching technique
- Explore links between motivation and progression
- Increase your awareness of professional values and practice
- Design a curriculum and devise lesson plans
- Produce a personal development plan
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Reflect on and evaluate your journey to teaching so far
- Develop an understanding of a range of teaching and learning principles
- Compare teaching and learning principles and develop your own teaching philosophy
- Identify the core musical skills which need to be taught, considering how they inter-relate
- Evaluate your own instrumental technique and assess how you approach teaching technique to your pupils
- Explore the basis for motivation and how motivation is linked to progression
- Develop an understanding of the role of assessment in progression
- Assess your own teaching practice in the context of professional values and practice
- Design a broad, individual learning plan for pupils with reference to short term goals
- Engage with other teachers and contribute to discussion about professional development
Who is the course for?
This course is for all music and instrument teachers and vocal coaches.
A music teacher training suited both for private teachers as well as teachers working in schools, music trusts or music academies.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.