Duration 4 weeks
Weekly study 3 hours
Improve your teaching skills by exploring professional development
Keeping up professional development as a teacher can be hard to fit into a busy timetable. It doesn’t need to be. This online course, broken into simple steps, will help you develop your reflective skills and improve your practice in the classroom.
Join a community of others working in education, share your experiences and grow as a teacher. This is professional development designed to help you respond to your needs and is accessible to everyone whatever level of resource is available in their setting.
What topics will you cover?
- Understanding continuing professional development
- Areas for professional development
- The challenges and solutions of professional development
- Defining and explaining reflective practice
- Understanding and using Kolb’s cycle as a reflective tool
- Considering peer observations as a means of professional development
- Learning through and from classroom observation and peer feedback
- Understanding what communities of practices are and why they are important
- Exploring a range of online communities of practice
- Building the necessary skills for interacting in communities of practice
- Refining the skills to observe your own classroom
- Exploring the Spiral of Inquiry as a tool for improving classroom practice
- Understanding the importance of being a lifelong learner
- Creating your own iterative professional development plan
When would you like to start?
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for recently qualified and experienced teachers who are looking to:
- further develop their reflective skills
- update their current practice
- connect with other professionals
It specifically addresses the needs of teachers who teach English (either as a medium of instruction or as a subject) but is also relevant for those who teach other subjects.
Who will you learn with?
The British Council is on the ground in six continents and over 100 countries connecting the best of UK culture with a global audience and providing high-quality English language courses.
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLBetterTeachers to talk about this course on social media.