What topics will you cover?
- An introduction to the course, programming and the development environment for building the mobile game.
- Setting up the software
- Different data types and variables
- Learners run their first java program – a ball moving on the phone.
- Debugging and operators.
- Modifying the game to change the speed of the ball and moving the ball to a position specified by user.
- Conditional statements and comments.
- Modifying the program to make the ball stay on the screen and adding a control paddle for the user.
- Array variables and looping constructs.
- Modifying the game to include multiple target objects for the ball to bounce from. The target objects are implemented using arrays and accessed using ‘for’ loops.
- How to decide which algorithm is required to solve more complex tasks.
- Considering which algorithm to implement, to modify the game.
- Functions or methods – separate parts of a program.
- Modifying the program using functions to replace any repeated code.
- Consolidation of the course – analysing the game.
- Considering the process behind implementing another game.
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLmobigame to talk about this course on social media.