Skip to 0 minutes and 8 secondsWe're scared, Alex. We're days away from a full blown riot. So you came halfway across the city with good news? I run The Truth. Mute this. No common link between the clusters. Terrorism? It presents just as big a threat as bombings, or rogue gunmen. My wife is sick. She's in quarantine. I need to send a unit to the address. Nobody kills 100 people just to kill 100 people. You do it to send a message. You do it to make a point. The most likely cause is severe flu. She's one of the few people working on a vaccine. I believe she's already developed it. It's a death toll update. It's bigger than I thought.
What topics will you cover?
- Basic concepts of infectious disease investigation
- Basic concepts of infectious disease epidemiology
- Basic concepts of infectious disease public health response
- Outline of communicable disease response
- Introduction to biosecurity
- Introduction to bioterrorism and biological agent outbreaks or events
- The general features of response to biosecurity and bioterrorism events
- Historical examples of biosecurity and bioterrorism events
- Health intelligence for the investigation and management of biosecurity and bioterrorism events
- Introduction to policy, regulatory and ethical concerns related to biosecurity and bioterrorism
When would you like to start?
What will you achieve?
Who is the course for?
This course has no special requirements but might be of special interest to policy makers, security agencies, military personnel, first line responders, health professionals and academics.
Who will you learn with?
Get extra benefits, upgrade this course. For $79 you’ll get:
Upgrading will mean you get unlimited access to the course.
If you’re taking a course for free you have access to the course for its duration + 14 days, regardless of when you join. If you upgrade the course you have access for as long as the course exists on FutureLearn.
A Certificate of Achievement
Upgrading means you’ll receive a Certificate of Achievement when you complete the course.
To receive a Certificate of Achievement you need to mark 90% of the steps on the course as complete.
Share this course
Use the hashtag #FLBioterrorism to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course