Skip to 0 minutes and 8 secondsWe're scared, Alex. We're days away from a full blown riot. So you came halfway across the city with good news? I run The Truth. Mute this. No common link between the clusters. Terrorism? It presents just as big a threat as bombings, or rogue gunmen. My wife is sick. She's in quarantine. I need to send a unit to the address. Nobody kills 100 people just to kill 100 people. You do it to send a message. You do it to make a point. The most likely cause is severe flu. She's one of the few people working on a vaccine. I believe she's already developed it. It's a death toll update. It's bigger than I thought.
What topics will you cover?
- Basic concepts of infectious disease investigation
- Basic concepts of infectious disease epidemiology
- Basic concepts of infectious disease public health response
- Outline of communicable disease response
- Introduction to biosecurity
- Introduction to bioterrorism and biological agent outbreaks or events
- The general features of response to biosecurity and bioterrorism events
- Historical examples of biosecurity and bioterrorism events
- Health intelligence for the investigation and management of biosecurity and bioterrorism events
- Introduction to policy, regulatory and ethical concerns related to biosecurity and bioterrorism
Get extra benefits, upgrade this course. For $79 you’ll get:
Upgrading will mean you get unlimited access to the course.
If you’re taking a course for free you have access to the course for its duration + 14 days, regardless of when you join. If you upgrade the course you have access for as long as the course exists on FutureLearn.
A Certificate of Achievement
Upgrading means you’ll receive a Certificate of Achievement when you complete the course.
To receive a Certificate of Achievement you need to mark 90% of the steps on the course as complete.
Share this course
Use the hashtag #FLBioterrorism to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course