- Duration4 weeks
- Weekly study2 hours
- Extra BenefitsFrom $44
Scratch to Python: Moving from Block- to Text-based Programming
Discover how you can transition learners from block to text-based programming
Block-based programming languages like Scratch make it simple to learn and teach programming. But once your students have mastered it, it’s time to move on to a text-based programming language such as Python. This online course will show you how.
You’ll discover how to transfer the programming and thinking skills learnt while using Scratch to Python. You’ll learn how to develop basic text-based programming skills, how to understand error messages and debug code.
The course will show you the power of text-based programming and give you the tools to support your students’ transition.
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore how you can transfer programming and thinking skills from Scratch to Python
- Develop basic skills in Python programming language
- Identify simple error messages in Python syntax and how to debug code
- Reflect on the power of text-based programming and what you can create
- Produce tools to support children’s transition from block-based to text-based programming
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for primary or K-5 teachers and volunteers who are supporting learners transition from Scratch to Python programming.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #RPiLearn to talk about this course on social media.