Discover how you can transition from block to text-based programming
Block-based programming languages like Scratch make it simple to learn and teach programming. But once you and your students have mastered it, it’s time to move on to a text-based programming language such as Python. This online course will show you how.
You’ll discover how to transfer the programming and thinking skills you learnt while using Scratch to Python. You’ll develop basic text-based programming skills, learning how to understand error messages and debug code.
The course will show you the power of text-based programming and give you the tools to support your students’ transition too.
What topics will you cover?
- Programming and thinking skills in Scratch
- Basic skills in Python programming language
- Simple error messages in Python syntax, and how to debug code
- Understanding the power of text-based programming and what you can create with it
- Tools to support children’s transition from block-based to text-based programming
Who is the course for?
Scratch to Python is designed for primary or K-5 teachers and volunteers. If you don’t have any experience of programming, we recommend you take Teaching Programming in Primary Schools first, to learn the basics of block-based programming in Scratch.
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #RPiLearn to talk about this course on social media.