Weekly study4 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Brand Identity: How Branding Works and Building Your Personal Brand
Start building your personal brand
Why do some brands stand out more than others? On this three-week course, you’ll discover the winning formulas behind successful brands to help you reach and engage with your audience.
This practical course, led by branding expert Professor Jonathan A.J. Wilson, will start you on your journey to developing your personal brand. You’ll learn to put together a style guide and plans of action – turning your thinking into real-world outcomes.
Examine different promotional tools and techniques
You’ll unpack the techniques used by top brands and learn how to use these same ideas in your personal branding.
To help you choose the right promotional tools for your brand, you’ll also critically evaluate and compare techniques to understand the most effective ones for your context.
Understand the importance of marketing communications
In order to reach your target audience, you’ll discover the importance of marketing communications and learn to identify its key aspects.
With this knowledge, you’ll understand how you can apply marketing communications thinking to promote you and your brand.
Explore the role of cultural differences and empathy
You’ll get to reflect on how you currently promote yourself and do a deep dive into what makes you unique, focusing on your cultural background and how to make connections using these insights.
Learning to appreciate cultural differences and developing cultural empathy, you’ll also consider how this can impact brand decisions.
You’ll finish the course by investigating which market is right for you, so you can begin your journey to building your brand.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Compare different promotional tools and techniques
- Identify brands that are successful and investigate your associations
- Develop your personal style guide
- Summarise key aspects of marketing communications
- Apply marketing-communications thinking to promote you: your brand
- Appreciate cultural differences and the factors that contribute towards them
- Develop cultural empathy and consider how this can impact brand decisions or perceptions
- Investigate which market is right for you to operate within and develop your presence
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone interested in improving how they present themselves.
You may be applying for a job or looking to build your personal brand and increase your network.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends