Weekly study3 hours
An Introduction to Building Information Modelling
The importance of BIM
Building Information Modelling (BIM) is a process that encourages collaborative working. Why is it important? Why is the industry looking towards BIM and what historical issues does it aim to relieve?
- What is BIM?
- A global perspective of BIM
- Why BIM in the AEC industry?
- The importance of Building Information Modelling
- A Catalyst for change – BIM definitions
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Manage your learning and use the educational platforms effectively
- Describe the definition of BIM
- Assess the importance of the four pillars of BIM
- Describe what BIM has to offer for the construction industry
- Install BIM software
- Recognise BIM models when displayed in relevant software
- Debate the benefits of BIM
Who is the course for?
This course is suitable for construction professionals who want to learn more about BIM. It will appeal to learners who have come from academic and professional backgrounds in construction management, architectural technology, building surveying, quantity surveying, civil engineering and building services.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.