Still to come
This week’s activities have provided the basis for more detailed studies where we will:
- Use a range of modern and historical case studies to illustrate the changing nature and evolving practices within diverse global Business Continuity Management (BCM) and Crisis Management (CM) settings
- Introduce a wealth of core academic and industrial research findings to contextualise and chart the development of BCM and CM
- Explain in greater detail the internationalisation of BCM and CM through codified principles, practices and terminologies, via the use of standards and good practice guides.
- Appreciate the comprehensive requirements for designing, measuring and validating demonstrable capabilities in BCM and CM
- Explore the future direction of BCM and CM, including known trends, solutions and emergent risks likely to define tomorrow’s practice
Continuing your learning
This is the introductory two-week course of the Business Continuity and Crisis Management program, which forms part of the online MSc Emergency Management and Resilience degree offered by Coventry University.
It is a fully online postgraduate course aimed at humanitarian emergency and crisis management professionals who want to expand their knowledge and acquire an internationally recognised qualification.
© Coventry University. CC BY-NC 4.0