Duration 2 weeks
Weekly study 3 hours
Understand the impact of globalisation on international business
Recent decades have witnessed the globalisation of the business environment. This development has sponsored enormous opportunities but complicated the risks associated with business operations. This course will cover how changing realities transform companies.
You’ll have the opportunity to:
- learn about globalisation and its impact on the business environment
- identify the implications for the global business environment of the rise of the BRICS
- identify the potential emerging markets of the future
- connect with professionals from across the globe, debating the challenges facing companies
What topics will you cover?
- Globalisation – definitions and drivers
- The global business environment – national, regional and international dimensions
- The changing geopolitics of the global economy, specifically the rise of the BRICS
- The challenge of doing business in China
- Beyond the BRICS – who will be the next group of emerging markets?
When would you like to start?
Who is the course for?
The course is aimed at people looking to gain a better understanding of the impact of globalisation on the business environment. It will be of particular interest to those with a business background, who wish to learn more about how the evolving geopolitics of the world economy not only generates new commercial opportunities but also additional risks and challenges.
Who will you learn with?
What's different about this course?
Since 2017 you have been able to take a degree on FutureLearn. This free course is a bit like a starter course for a degree — it should give you a flavour of the degree subject but can also be your first step towards a degree qualification.
If you enjoy this course you can apply to join the program it’s part of to start working towards a degree on FutureLearn.
Don’t worry, you can still take the course without doing a full degree!
How do degrees work on FutureLearn?
Which program and degree is this course part of?
This course is part of the program Geopolitical, Economic and Legal Environments , which is one of the building blocks that leads to degrees in MBA , MBA (for the Cyber Security Management sector), MBA (for the Healthcare sector), MBA with Artificial Intelligence Specialism, MBA (for the Sustainable Tourism sector), and MBA with Marketing Specialism.
Get a taste of this course
Find out what this course is like by previewing some of the course steps before you join: