Weekly study5 hours
Premium course$104What's included?
Socialise with confidence and improve your business relationships
On this course, you’ll explore how to move through the business world with aplomb, learning the essentials of good business etiquette in the modern era.
Alongside leading hospitality experts at the Swiss Education Group, you’ll consider the key aspects of good professional etiquette, and learn how to practically improve your own communication skills – aiding your business relationships and boosting sales in the process.
Discover why good etiquette matters
You’ll develop your understanding of social and business etiquette, learning its value to both an organisation and an individual’s personal brand.
You’ll explore every aspect of everyday manners, business protocols, professional conduct, and good workplace communication between colleagues.
Reflect on the links between business etiquette and communication
Business has never been more international, and intercultural communication more important. Understanding how to navigate diverse workplaces with sensitivity is vital for any professional.
You’ll examine what good international etiquette looks like, enhancing your professional network through improved cultural awareness and sensitivity.
Improve your self-presentation
You’ll also reflect on your personal appearance, and see how you can improve your poise and deportment in different professional and social settings, including dinner party conversation.
By the time you’ve completed the course, you’ll be ready to conquer international business with total faith in your communication and social skills.
What topics will you cover?
- Social Etiquette in a Professional Setting
- The Art of Good Communication
- Dining Etiquette and Conversation at Table
- Intercultural Sensitivity
- Diversity in the Workforce
- Appearance, Poise, and Deportment
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Develop and apply an understanding of social and business etiquette in order to demonstrate its value to both an organisation and an individual's personal brand
- Reflect and feel confident in formal and informal social situations through an awareness of the conventions of dining etiquette and the art of conversation
- Reflect and ensure a powerful impression on others consideration of effective self-presentation and grooming standards
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate in an elegant and effective manner to develop and enhance global business relationships through cultural awareness and sensitivity
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at anyone who would like to develop their business and communication skills.
- Entry-level to middle management
- Sales representatives
- Business owners, export/import companies
- Hospitality businesses
Who will you learn with?
Swiss Hotel Management School
With nearly 40 years of experience in hospitality management and culinary arts education, and rooted in the Swiss tradition of hospitality, Swiss Education Group is committed to equipping tomorrow’s professionals with the leadership and entrepreneurial skills highly sought after in the hospitality industry and beyond.
This is a premium course. These courses are designed for professionals from specific industries looking to learn with a smaller group of like-minded individuals.
- Unlimited access to this course
- Includes any articles, videos, peer reviews and quizzes
- Tests to validate your learning
- Certificate of Achievement to prove your success when you're eligible
- Download and print your Certificate of Achievement anytime
Learning on FutureLearn
Your learning, your rules
- Courses are split into weeks, activities, and steps to help you keep track of your learning
- Learn through a mix of bite-sized videos, long- and short-form articles, audio, and practical activities
- Stay motivated by using the Progress page to keep track of your step completion and assessment scores
Join a global classroom
- Experience the power of social learning, and get inspired by an international network of learners
- Share ideas with your peers and course educators on every step of the course
- Join the conversation by reading, @ing, liking, bookmarking, and replying to comments from others
Map your progress
- As you work through the course, use notifications and the Progress page to guide your learning
- Whenever you’re ready, mark each step as complete, you’re in control
- Complete 90% of course steps and all of the assessments to earn your certificate
Want to know more about learning on FutureLearn? Using FutureLearn
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
More courses you might like
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.