Weekly study8 hours
Capital Investment Appraisal
Organisations around the world grow by starting projects and carrying out investments in different industries and sectors.
An important building block in these investments is the analysis and evaluation of projects and investment opportunities on the basis of economic, cost and financial data.
In this course, you will learn about different investment appraisal techniques which should help you determine the financial viability for each and every project under consideration.
- Introduction to capital investment decisions and their importance
- Learn how to calculate the payback method, net present value, the accounting rate of return and internal rate of return
- Critical analysis of discounting cash flow and non-discounting cash flow methods
- Practice making an investment decision using and comparing the methods covered in the course
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Apply the different methods of appraisal to analyse investment opportunities
- Compare and critically appraise the methods covered in the course
- Demonstrate the ability to make appropriate recommendations for investment opportunities
- Explain the following methods of investment appraisal: payback method, ARR, NPV and IRR
Who is the course for?
This course would suit anyone looking for additional basic accounting skills. These are skills that can help you make better decisions and advance in your career. It may be of particular interest to people in senior management and leadership roles, who lack an accounting background.
Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.