Welcoming you to the course
Hello everyone, welcome to the Introduction to Chinese: Conversation course!
This course is designed for the learners who have the basic knowledge of Chinese pronunciation and try to use the language patterns to express themselves.
The course lead educators ZHANG Yanli, LI Hui and LI Yameng are Chinese teachers from Shanghai International Studies University.
Over the next six weeks, we will focus on the following topics:
- Basic greetings and self-introduction
- Family members and different jobs
- Ordering food and making payments
- Dates and time
- Weather and health
- Asking directions and making plans
In addition, our course will introduce Chinese characters required by HSK1 and shed light on Chinese culture. By the end of the course, we hope you will not only be able to use daily Chinese to express yourself, but also discover a new world through studying a language different from your mother language.
Now we also want to hear from you. Here are three main considerations you can share with us in the comments section.
- A brief self-introduction
- Your expectations of our Conversation course
- Your understanding of Chinese language
Looking forward to your responses!
Don’t forget that you can upgrade this course. You can get extra benefits by upgrading, including:
- Unlimited access to the course: go at your own pace with unlimited access to the course for as long as it exists on FutureLearn.
- A Certificate of Achievement to help you demonstrate your learning. We’ll send you a Certificate of Achievement or Statement of Participation when you become eligible. Find out more to upgrade the course
© Shanghai International Studies University