Can Climate Smart Agriculture help farming meet the challenges of climate change
Global warming is a reality so it’s vital our societies and industries respond to the changing climate. Can farming meet this challenge?
Explore the principles and practical applications of Climate Smart Agriculture: mitigation of greenhouse gas emissions, adaption to climate change and stable or increased food production in the context of European dairy farming and wine production. How does farming impact on global warming and greenhouse gases? What are the barriers to adopting CSA and how can these be addressed?
What topics will you cover?
- Climate change and greenhouse gases
- The interactions between climate change and agriculture
- Food security
- Climate smart agriculture; history, principles and examples
- Different views on the food production system
- The basics of milk production, cow husbandry, digestion and herd management
- Greenhouse gas emissions and the possibilities for reducing them, within dairy farming
- The importance of plants for our atmosphere
- Other forms of sustainable farming
- Possible options for reducing energy consumption
- The basics of wine production
- General, sustainable crop management practices
- Problems for the wine industry created by climate change
- Possibilities for adapting the wine industry to climate change
- Examples of how data can be used to to help make decisions in agriculture
- Critical views regarding climate smart agriculture
Upgrade - $79
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLFutureofFarming to talk about this course on social media.