What topics will you cover?
- Climate change and greenhouse gases
- The interactions between climate change and agriculture
- Food security
- Climate smart agriculture; history, principles and examples
- Different views on the food production system
- The basics of milk production, cow husbandry, digestion and herd management
- Greenhouse gas emissions and the possibilities for reducing them, within dairy farming
- The importance of plants for our atmosphere
- Other forms of sustainable farming
- Possible options for reducing energy consumption
- The basics of wine production
- General, sustainable crop management practices
- Problems for the wine industry created by climate change
- Possibilities for adapting the wine industry to climate change
- Examples of how data can be used to to help make decisions in agriculture
- Critical views regarding climate smart agriculture
When would you like to start?
What will you achieve?
Who is the course for?
There are no special requirements for this course. It will be of particular interest to anyone concerned with modern food production, farming and environmental challenges: this could include farmers or food producers, industry partners, school teachers, or people considering studying agriculture at University.
Who will you learn with?
Buy a personalised, digital and printed certificate and transcript
Certificate of Achievement + transcript £49.00
Statement of Participation £34.00
Charges to your account will be made in GBP. Prices in local currency are provided as a convenience and are only an estimate based on current exchange rates.
Share this course
Use the hashtag #FLFutureofFarming to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course