Weekly study3 hours
Clinical Supervision: Teaching and Facilitating Learning
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Help your undergraduate and postgraduate learners to learn effectively
This online course will focus on the importance of the learning environment for teaching and facilitating learning among undergraduate and postgraduate learners.
You’ll find out out how to: develop effective supervisory strategies, to ensure your learners can balance their placement and study priorities; assess individuals’ learning needs and help them create a personal development plan; and encourage them to take responsibility for their own learning.
The course will also cover a variety of teaching methods, so that you can choose the most appropriate one for your context.
- The learning environment
- Planning learning opportunities
- Balancing service work & educational priorities
- Assessment of learning needs
- Personal development plans
- Facilitating self-directed learning
- Lesson planning
- Delivering teaching sessions
Date to be announced
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Identify and maintain an environment conducive to learning
- Develop effective supervisory strategies to ensure a balance of service work and educational priorities
- Assess individual learning needs and guide the development of a personal development plan
- Engage with and support learners to take responsibility for their own learning
- Demonstrate the ability to plan and deliver teaching using a variety of evidence informed methods
Who is the course for?
This course is suitable for all post-registration doctors and healthcare professionals, especially those holding supervisory responsibility for pre-registration health professional students and postgraduate medical trainees in hospital or community settings.
It is one of a series of Clinical Supervision courses developed by a multidisciplinary group of clinical educators from Norwich Medical School. You can also take:
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.