This course is part of the Coaching Skills: Sports Coaching and Leadership ExpertTrack
Coaching Skills: Leadership and self-awareness
Explore how self-awareness affects coaching and leadership, learning how to become emotionally intelligent and self-aware.
Weekly study3 hours
100% onlineHow it works
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 5
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/monthFind out more
Coaching Skills: Leadership and self-awareness
Start your journey toward personal mastery
As a coach or leader, you need to be able to provide clear instructions to motivate others, but how do we provide this if we don’t confidently know and understand ourselves?
If you think of yourself as an instrument of leadership, then self-awareness is the single-most-important quality to ensure your leadership success.
On this two-week course, you’ll learn how to apply strategies to enhance your self-awareness and how to apply the notions of personal mastery to your role as a coach or leader.
Discover your personal core values
You’ll examine how to improve your emotional intelligence by evaluating your core values and how these may impact your coaching.
You’ll produce your own plans to understand how your personal standards dictate your actions, and how you can use this knowledge to inform your leadership decisions.
Understand the importance of self-awareness in becoming an effective leader or coach
By the end of this course, you’ll understand how self-awareness helps improve your coaching and leadership skills.
Going on a journey of personal mastery, you’ll discover how you may have to let go of some previously held behaviours, beliefs, values or intentions.
You’ll learn how to make internal fine-tuning to become a more impactful leader and be able to apply what you have learned to your own life.
What topics will you cover?
- The importance of self-awareness
- Notions of personal mastery and its application to your role as coach/leader
- Insight into your intentions and motivations as coach/leader
- Servant leadership
- Applying a change process to your own life.
Prove you're job ready
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Apply strategies to enhance self-awareness and reflect on who you're being as a coach
- Identify core personal values and determine how these may impact your coaching
- Reflect on how your self-awareness helps you be a more effective coach
- Evaluate your values and actions to inform your leadership decisions
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at anyone with an interest in sports or business coaching. You may already work in the area and want to expand your skills, or you might be completely new to the coaching.
Start learning today - free 7-day trial
After your free trial you can:
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends
Learning on FutureLearn
Your learning, your rules
- Courses are split into weeks, activities, and steps to help you keep track of your learning
- Learn through a mix of bite-sized videos, long- and short-form articles, audio, and practical activities
- Stay motivated by using the Progress page to keep track of your step completion and assessment scores
Join a global classroom
- Experience the power of social learning, and get inspired by an international network of learners
- Share ideas with your peers and course educators on every step of the course
- Join the conversation by reading, @ing, liking, bookmarking, and replying to comments from others
Map your progress
- As you work through the course, use notifications and the Progress page to guide your learning
- Whenever you’re ready, mark each step as complete, you’re in control
- Complete 90% of course steps and all of the assessments to earn your certificate
Want to know more about learning on FutureLearn? Using FutureLearn