Inspire a love of science, technology, engineering and mathematics in young people
Designed for STEM Ambassadors in the UK and other volunteers around the world, these four courses will help you to become a better STEM volunteer.
You’ll learn from experienced educators, volunteers, and STEM Ambassador Hubs - who’ll guide you through the process of planning, resourcing, delivering and reviewing your work.
You’ll plan and carry out effective STEM activities, exploring subjects like diversity, communicating with young people, and using feedback to improve learner understanding.
Ultimately, these courses will equip you with the skills and confidence to inspire young people into further study or STEM careers.
By completing all four courses, you’ll be able to:
- Identify a range of resources to support your practical activities.
- Adapt resources for a specific audience and activity, reflecting the diversity and context of the activity.
- Work with educators and group leaders to plan and arrange activities.
- Produce activity plans to use when delivering practical activities in schools or organisations.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and non-verbal communication with young people.
- Develop your confidence, skills and ability to do practical activities with young people.
- Collect immediate feedback for young people about practical STEM Activities, using different tools.
- Contribute towards employer and programme evaluation of STEM volunteering activities.