Weekly study2 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Cyber Security Foundations: Common Malware Attacks and Defense Strategies
According to Accenture, malware attacks are the most common type of cyber attack experienced by organizations around the world. These attacks are also the most expensive. Accenture estimates that they cost businesses an average of $2.6 million apiece each year.
The cyber security risks from malware are not limited to ransomware, however. Malware describes any sort of software that is designed to gain unauthorized access to a computer system such as trojan horses and spyware.
Learn how to prevent malware attacks
This cyber security course will guide you to improve your organization’s cyber resilience against malware attacks. You will study examples of malware attacks to understand common threats, and ultimately learn how to prevent malware attacks.
Understand cyber security risks and build cyber resilience
The threat from malware is constantly evolving. New threats continue to enter the market as existing actors’ operations grow more sophisticated. Part of the danger comes from changing business practices. 80% of businesses surveyed by Accenture were adopting new technologies faster than they were able to account for resulting cyber security risks.
The only way to successfully face down this challenge is through building organizational cyber resilience. The first step of malware protection is to know your enemy. This course will explore how to prevent malware attacks by helping you to recognize them.
You’ll learn about common types of malware attacks and different malware strategies, illustrated with case studies of malware attacks in action. You’ll further become familiar with modern malware families, gaining a structural understanding to help you keep pace with evolving threats.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore the nature of prevalent, and potentially catastrophic, cybersecurity attacks
- Investigate real-world examples of various types of attacks and their outcomes
- Explain methods to discern the various types of attacks and techniques to protect against them
Who is the course for?
This cyber security training is aimed at IT professionals who want to understand how to protect their organization from cyberattacks. This might include data administrators, those working with sensitive data, or those targeting a career in cyber security.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends