What topics will you cover?
- Three different explanation models: quasi-scientific, transformation and elucidating
- Barriers to effective explanations including myths
- The importance of audience analysis in effectively communicating complex ideas
- Using analogies to explain abstract ideas
- Effective organization in oral presentations
- Creating organisational structures
- Producing charts which enhance audience understanding
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Use different methods to overcome the barriers that most audiences face when learning complex information
- Apply practices for organizing and explaining ideas orally
- Design presentation slides for improved audience understanding
- Communicate complex ideas or material to various audiences
Get extra benefits, upgrade this course. For $79 you’ll get:
Upgrading will mean you get unlimited access to the course.
If you’re taking a course for free you have access to the course for its duration + 14 days, regardless of when you join. If you upgrade the course you have access for as long as the course exists on FutureLearn.
A Certificate of Achievement
Upgrading means you’ll receive a Certificate of Achievement when you complete the course.
To receive a Certificate of Achievement you need to mark 90% of the steps on the course as complete.
Share this course
Use the hashtag #FLComplexInfo to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course