Weekly study3 hours
Community Preparedness, Recovery and Resilience: An Introduction
Discover the challenges of building resilience in communities
A community can experience a range of direct and indirect impacts as a result of a disaster. On this course, you will be able to examine the ways communities recover from dramatic changes by preventing future risk and fostering positive developments with communities.
You will have the opportunity to explore the link between community resilience, disaster management and sustainable development.
You will also have the opportunity to explore the link between disaster management and sustainable development.
- Disaster trends and their impact on community resilience
- Factors that contribute to the perception of vulnerability
- The capacity for communities to cope with disaster
- Different approaches for building community resilience
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Assess vulnerability in the local context and its external influencing factors
- Explore community capacities for coping with risks and disasters
- Assess the relationship between community vulnerability, capacity and resilience
- Identify the skills and attributes required by practitioners working with communities to enhance resilience
Who is the course for?
This course is ideal for anyone looking to understand the impacts of disasters and how a community resilience approach is implemented.
Please note that the individuals provided in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.