- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study8 hours
Concepts of Governance and Institutions in Policy
Does governance matter in healthcare?
This short course will give you the opportunity to understand the role of governance and institutions in healthcare policy settings. You will have the opportunity to consider a number of governance mechanisms, how healthcare policy is monitored and evaluated, and the role of media within healthcare services.
- Governance mechanisms
- Monitoring and evaluation of health policy
- Communicating and marketing health policies
- The role of media in healthcare policy
- Marketing techniques of healthcare services
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe the development of the definition of governance as well as the current perspectives on the word governance
- Identify and analyse current issues on governance and healthcare provision
- Discuss the functional and critical role of the different key players/ stakeholders in the governance process
- Apply governance concepts and perspectives to a variety of health system situations
Who is the course for?
People with a background in healthcare who want to progress into middle and senior management.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.