Construct a Virtual Reality Experience
Explore virtual reality with practical examples and build your own VR experience
Virtual reality is increasingly being deployed by a wide range of industries to allow an object to be manipulated by a user when the user can’t physically reach the object.
We’ve seen VR applied by such varied professions as surgeons, teachers, and architects to let highly-skilled workers explore objects they otherwise wouldn’t be able to.
- Computer graphics concepts
- 3D coordinates and shapes
- Scaling, rotating, and colouring objects
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Design: Learners will be guided on how to design a simple virtual worlds application.
- Produce: The learners will be able to test their understanding of the concepts learnt throughout the course by producing and sharing their own virtual world products.
- Develop: Learners will be able to develop self-directed skills to help them practice the course exercises to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Discuss: The course provides an avenue for discussion forums that will allow learners to engage and exchange ideas and ask for help with the course from both their peers and educators.
- Reflect: Learners have the opportunity to reflect on their studies throughout the course.
- Assess: Quizzes are provided in the course to enable learners to assess their understanding of the concepts taught throughout the course.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone interested in virtual reality, such as someone who’s played virtual reality games and wants to know more about how they’re made.
It would also be useful if you’re interested in a career as a virtual reality developer and want an introduction to the topic.
You might also be interested in the other courses in the Essential Creative Technologies collection from UAL Creative Computing Institute, Lancaster University and the Institute of Coding.
What software or tools do you need?
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.