Learn how some kitchenware can affect your health
Food safety is highly regulated. Yet, one blind spot is the migration of molecules from contact materials in kitchenware into food. Particular attention needs to be placed on chemicals present at low doses but acting on the endocrine system over a long time.
On this course, you’ll learn about these endocrine disrupters and their potential impact on human health and the environment.
You’ll evaluate how chemicals can migrate from packaging and slowly affect our endocrine health, and how tests can check for safety. Ultimately, you’ll better understand how we can improve food safety in general.
• What are the potential risks for global health and for the environment derived from packaging?
• Which stakeholders are involved in the safety of packaging and how are these connected?
• How is research in chemistry, biology and material science contributing towards safer food?
• What is the role that consumers play in order to improve safety?
• What measures does the industry, governments and the EU put in place to ensure safe packaging?
• How can information and communication technologies reach the general public and help in daily choices?
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Reflect on the importance of safe food packaging and kitchenware in your daily life and choices
- Evaluate how chemicals can migrate from packaging and slowly affect our endocrine health
- Assess how chemical and biological tests are done and evaluate their importance for safety
- Describe the professional roles of all stakeholders in the business of food safety in general
- Discuss the topics of the course with increased knowledge and contribute to global awareness
- Interpret information and news with increase critical sense, especially when dealing with consumers’ health and protection
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone interested in potential health risks derived from food packaging and kitchenware, and in particular from chemicals migrating from packaging into food and drink.
This could include healthcare workers, parents, pregnant women, and anyone with an interest in health and food safety.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get: