Weekly study3 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
How to Enhance Your Creative Empathy
Connect with your target customers and get better results with your work
At the heart of all brilliant, commercial creativity lies people. An end audience who you, as a creative, need to connect with in order for your brilliant ideas to land and get results.
This course dives into the head and hearts of humans and will help you understand and build empathy with them.
Learn how to research and understand an audience
It’s vital, especially in creative industries, to understand your customers. With creative work usually needing a lot of time and money to produce and use, missteps can be costly.
On this course, you’ll learn the essentials to getting into the minds of an audience and how to obtain and use quantitative and qualitative data to better understand your audience.
Develop the tools to build accurate customer journey maps
Once you know more about your audience, you’ll look at the tools you can use to step into the shoes of your customer. You’ll then learn about customer journey maps and how to apply these tools to build maps of your users’ journeys. This will ultimately help you to develop audience personas that align to your existing customer base.
Make an emotional connection with customers through your work
Emotions play a big part in both customer decisions and advertising. To be successful with your product, especially in marketing it, you need to create an emotional connection with your audience.
You’ll look at how to create campaigns that utilise emotions and make compelling solutions. By the end of this course, you’ll be better equipped to build empathy with your end audience, user, or customer, and produce exceptional creative work that makes an emotional connection.
- Researching and understanding an audience
- Qualitative and quantitative data
- Customer journey maps and personas
- Building empathy with your end audience, user or customer
- Making an emotional connection with an audience through creative work
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore different methods of researching your audience
- Identify who your audience is and how to understand them
- Develop empathy maps, personas and customer journey maps
- Interpret your audience research to uncover key insights
- Explore bias and how to use it
- Reflect on creating an emotional connection with your audience
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone in a creative industry looking to empathise and connect more with their audience.
You may be interested if you’re a creative, strategist, marketer, or communicator wanting to better understand your audience.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends