Review of the week
Congratulations on completing the first week of An Introduction to Cryptography.
This week we have …
- Investigated ancient cryptography and cryptanalysis
- Used early cryptographic algorithms to encipher and decipher messages
- Explored the beginnings of automated cryptography and cryptanalysis in World War II
- Started to think about the importance of cryptography and cryptanalysis for daily life
Next week you will …
- Begin to use formal notation for discussing cryptography
- See how randomness is used in cryptography and why it is both critical for security and hard to achieve
- Investigate hashing algorithms for securing passwords and authenticating messages
- Was there anything surprising for you in this week’s content?
- What questions arose for you?
- Has your view changed as a result of your learning?
- Looking back in your learning log, were there any questions you had that haven’t been answered? Where could you find the answers to your questions?