Something new for you
When we try new things we may see parts of other cultures that we have overlooked in the past. This challenges our perspectives of different cultures and we use this information to continuously develop our Cultural Intelligence.
Below you will find 3 small practices for you to try over the coming days.
1. Experience another culture – try one of the following
- Try a food that you have never tried before e.g. Middle Eastern snack vs. British snack or dragon fruit vs. passion fruit
- Listen to some music from another culture which you would not listen to normally e.g. hip hop vs. rock or traditional Chinese vs. traditional classical
- Play a game from a different culture to your own e.g. Cricket, Poona, Three Tins
2. Answer the following question. What book would you recommend that would help improve our Cultural Intelligence?
- For some examples have a look at the following blogs part 1 and part 2. What others can you add?
- Add your responses to the following Google document to help pool our knowledge.
3. Share an image on social media (Twitter or Instagram) that you feel represents your city.
- Use the hash tags #showmeyourcity and #FLdevelopCQ when posting. Add a caption in your local language to finish. If you are not a social media user you can also share your image as a link in the comments section below or add your image to our Padlet wall, including your FutureLearn profile name. Use password: DevelopCQSep2016. Further details on using padlet can be found here.
Feed your responses into the comments section below.
© Julia Middleton