The receiving end
As we struggle with our own cultural intolerance, we also have to understand what it’s like to be on the receiving end of it, particularly if we have little experience of it ourselves.
When have you witnessed or experienced cultural intolerance that made you feel any of the following:
- angry i.e. furious
- cynical i.e. it’s just the norm
- tired i.e. I’m too tired to deal with that
- crushed i.e. demeaning
- old i.e. out of touch
- frustrated i.e. not being listened too
- weak i.e. I should have said something
- intimidated i.e. surrendered to a confident view
How did you respond?
© Julia Middleton