- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
- Extra BenefitsFrom $74
The Cyber Security Landscape
Develop your knowledge of cyber security in today’s world
Cyber attacks have major implications for individuals, governments and businesses. No one can afford to be complacent about cyber security.
This course introduces some of the most significant issues, challenges and opportunities shaping today’s global cyber security landscape.
You will explore emerging cyber security risks, types of cyber attacks and the impact that they can have on organisations, and the specific threats posed by new technologies.
- Current and emerging security implications
- Networks and security, loss of the traditional LAN and LAN perimeter
- Consumerisation of corporate technology through apps, tablets and smartphones
- Client-side threats, web-server security, web-applications security
- Operating system security
- Concepts, problems and issues related to modern technologies
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Demonstrate a systematic understanding of relevant knowledge about organisations, their external context and how they are managed
- Demonstrate an understanding of the changing cyber threat landscape and the developments in cyberspace
- Apply knowledge to a range of situations including IT security, finance, accounting, and organisational behaviour, taking account of the inter-relationships of these topics and their interactions with the business and the industry and external environment
- Demonstrate an understanding of appropriate techniques sufficient to allow detailed investigation into relevant cybersecurity management issues
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone looking to increase their knowledge of cyber security and protect themselves against cyber attacks.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
What's different about this course?
Since 2017 you have been able to take a degree on FutureLearn. This free course is a bit like a starter course for a degree — it should give you a flavour of the degree subject but can also be your first step towards a degree qualification.
If you enjoy this course you can apply to join the program it’s part of to start working towards a degree on FutureLearn.
Don’t worry, you can still take the course without doing a full degree!
How do degrees work on FutureLearn?
Which program and degree is this course part of?
This course is part of the program Digital Security Risk, which is one of the building blocks that leads to a degree in Master of Business Administration (Cyber Security Management).