- Duration12 weeks
- Weekly study13 hours
Cyber Security Operations (Cisco)
Cyber security is a rapidly changing world and equally evolving discipline. What you knew a couple of years ago has most likely already changed and will continue to migrate over time. We are all challenged by the complexity of the cyberthreats out there as well as the different technologies under attack. The internet of things, email, websites and online businesses are all being threatened. Alongside defence, corporations, health-care and financial services. Partnering with Cisco, this course will equip you to understand the world of cybersecurity and the threats that face modern technology.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Evaluate current, commonplace threats in the context of a cybersecurity investigation
- Evaluate how different security and cryptographic techniques affect a cybersecurity incursion
- Investigate evidence from a cyber security incursion
- Apply legally defensible practices to a cyber security investigation
- Explain the purpose of different cybersecurity technologies
Who is the course for?
This course is intended for learners who already have a grounding in computer technology looking to upskill into working with cybersecurity, or those who already work in the sector looking to update their knowledge to current standards.
Who developed the course?
The Open University (OU) is the largest academic institution in the UK and a world leader in flexible distance learning, with a mission to be open to people, places, methods and ideas.
- LocationMilton Keynes, UK
- World rankingTop 510Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
Join the conversation on social media
You can use the hashtag #FLcybersecurity to talk about this course on social media.