What will we learn?
This week we will look at ‘Data Science 101’. In particular, we would like you to think about the areas we are looking to focus and what that may mean to you.
The following areas will be addressed:
- What is data science?
- The data science process
- Using internal systems collecting your data ready for data scientist
- Understanding your data and the questions you are looking to answer
- What data do you already have and where is it?
- What is open data and how can you explore and use it?
- Preparing your data (cleaning data, analytics and anonymization techniques) so it is ready for use
- Anonymisation - how to do it and how not to do it?
- Exploring and modeling data
- Data analytics and visualisation
© University of Strathclyde