Start thinking about your data
Congratulations on completing the first week of this course. Hopefully, this introductory week helped to broaden your understanding of data and its use across the tourism sector.
Checklist (Click to expand)
As a self-directed task, we would like you to map out the data you already have as a business, where you collect that data, and see what it can tell you now. The checklist and template below is intended to help guide your thoughts.
- What data do I have and use regularly?
- What data am I not making the most of?
- What does it tell me now? Could it tell me more?
- What data do I not have but would like to have?
- How accessible is the data I have?
- How easy is it for me to work with data? How efficient are my processes?
There will be a number of activities throughout the course, where you will be asked to consider your own data and processes, to help you form a plan for becoming more data driven. The Course Activity Map, highlights the activity steps and how they build towards a strategy. This may be helpful when organising your notes.
© Edinburgh Napier University