Interrogating your data knowledge and identifying gaps
Congratulations on having completed week 3. This week, we’ve had a look at some examples of how you can use data in relation to understanding your visitors, your marketing communications, and your employees.
To get you thinking about how to use data in these aspects in your own business, we would like you to go away and build a data strategy for each part. To guide you on this process, here is a framework for developing a strategy.
Consider benchmarking and learning from other sectors within the industry e.g. the accommodation sector!
- Who are your core customer segments?
- When do they book?
- What do they book/buy?
- How long are they staying?
- What channels do they use to book/buy?
- Do they want to give feedback?
- How do they give feedback and via which channels, surveys, social?
- Do they want to stay in touch?
- Who do they ask for advice?
- Do they need assistance?
- What channels work best for which segments?
- When best to get in touch with them?
- What to promote to whom?
- When to offer special prices/incentives?
- How flexible are staff?
- Do we have too many/ too few staff?
- Which times are busier/quieter?
- Are staff equipped to work with data?
© Edinburgh Napier University