Thanks for participating in this course
In this course, we learned some basic principles and tools for identifying data relevant to questions in Political Science, Geography, English and Sport. We also heard from experts at Loughborough University in these areas who described how they used data in their work. I hope you enjoyed the course!
Please fill in the post-course questionnaire, as this will help me to revise future runs of this course, and also develop new courses for FutureLearn.
If you are interested in similar courses, please have a look at the ones I list below, by category. I hope to see you all on FutureLearn again soon.
Courses about applications of mathematics for learners without an extensive background:
- Getting a Grip on Mathematical Symbolism, Loughborough University
- Numeracy Skills for Employability and the Workplace, Loughborough University
- Maths for Humans: Linear, Quadratic & Inverse Relations, by UNSW Australia
- Basic Science: Understanding Numbers, by the Open University
Course about social and economic statistics:
- Making Sense of Data in the Media, by the University of Sheffield
Courses related to climate:
- Monitoring climate from space, by the European Space Agency
- Earth Observation from Space: the Optical View by the European Space Agency
- Causes of Climate change, by the University of Bergen
Course related to social media data:
- Social Media Analytics: Using Data to Understand Public Conversations, by Queensland University of Technology
Get extra benefits, upgrade your course
You can now get extra benefits by upgrading this course, including:
Unlimited access to the course: Go at your own pace with unlimited access to the course for as long as it exists on FutureLearn.
Access to tests: Ensure you’ve mastered the material with access to tests on the course.
A Statement of Participation: To help you demonstrate your learning we’ll send you a Statement of Participation when you become eligible. Find out more
© Dr. Eugenie Hunsicker, Loughborough University 2016