- Duration8 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
- Extra BenefitsFrom $84
Data to Insight: An Introduction to Data Analysis and Visualisation
Start thinking like a data analyst
With big data central to modern business decision-making processes, data science skills are increasingly essential.
On this course, you’ll be introduced to principles of data analysis and data visualisation.
You’ll begin learning how to use statistical analysis to guide business decisions. You’ll use specialised data analysis tools to generate insights and learn how to present data visually and numerically.
What topics will you cover?
- Data and its organisation
- Basic statistics
- Making discoveries working with several variables simultaneously
- Sources of error and misconception
- Confidence intervals
- Statistical tests via randomisation
- Seasonal decomposition and forecasting
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts. Find out more
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore fundamental statistical data science concepts
- Create visual and numerical representations of data
- Interpret data analysis outputs
- Discuss interpretations and limitations of data
Who is the course for?
This course is suitable for those new to data analysis and data visualisation or those who want a reminder and fresh perspectives. You will need to be comfortable thinking in terms of percentages and have a level of comfort with using computers.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLdata2insight to talk about this course on social media.