Weekly study2 hours
Preparing to Succeed: A Quick and Easy Guide to Postgraduate Study and Life at Deakin.
Gain the knowledge, skills and resources to study with confidence.
This short overview to postgraduate study at Deakin will build your understanding and confidence about what it takes to succeed, how to get prepared and organised, and where to find the support and resources that you might need when you need them.
Sign up to FutureLearn! You can use any email credentials to create your FutureLearn account. If you already have a FutureLearn account you can keep your learning in one place by signing in.
- Deakin’s learning philosophy
- How to make the most of your Deakin postgraduate experience and beyond
- Planning for study success: balancing your study, work and other life commitments
- Academic support and integrity
- Personal wellbeing, Deakin communities and other resources
- Practical tips and insights from Deakin students and staff
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe what to expect in your postgraduate studies at Deakin
- Evaluate what additional support you may require to succeed in your studies
- Design a sustainable study plan
- Assess which additional orientation and preparation resources will be of most use to you.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for both online and on-campus students commencing postgraduate studies by coursework at Deakin.
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.